5 Minute Meditation for Stress Relief
Feeling stressed, tired, or worn out? Don’t have time to attend yoga or don’t have a sitter for your little ones? No problem! This 5-minute meditation is exactly what you need to get your day back on track! Stress is normal. It happens to all of us! It’s just a matter of how you relieve that stress, and I’m here to give you a simple and effective way!
1. Find a quiet place without distractions. For the next 5 minutes, your focus will be on your meditation.
2. Take a seat on the floor, bed, chair, or couch. Cross your legs, leave them straight out, or lay down. The key is to not disrupt your meditation with movement, so the most comfortable position for you is ideal. For the next 5 minutes, you will get lost in your meditation and if you’re uncomfortable, it will disrupt your tranquility.
3. Select your background music (waterfalls or soft piano music is a great choice) and add a few drops of lemon and lavender essential oil to your diffuser.
4. Set your timer to 5 minutes. That way, you don’t need to wonder when the 5 minutes are up – your timer will do that for you! You could also use an app like Insight Timer or Calm.
5. Begin your meditation. Take a deep breath in and a deep breath out. Continue to breathe mindfully, focusing your mind on the rhythm of breath moving in and out of your body.
6. Close your eyes or soften your gaze and relax. Visualize the stress and tension exiting your body from your head to your toes! When your mind starts to wander, return your focus to your breathing, and imagine letting go. If your eyes are closed, just don’t fall asleep! Practice for 5 minutes until your timer goes off.
7. After your meditation, slowly get up from your quiet spot and enjoy a glass of refreshing lemon water. Hopefully, you’re feeling refreshed and renewed!
Meditation is the perfect tool to redirect your thoughts and bring you back to the present. You can meditate for the first 5 minutes of your day, after a long day’s work, or during your lunch break. You can do this meditation on vacation, in the parking lot of your favorite store, or at work. As you become more familiar with your meditation practice, feel free to increase the time from 5 minutes to 10 or 15 minutes!
By spending 5 minutes consciously redirecting your body and mind to ease stress, you are increasing your mental and emotional strength, determination, and drive. There’s a wonderful feeling about a mind and stress cleanse! The beauty is, as simple and short as this meditation seems, the benefits of a quick 5-minute meditation are astounding. Give it a try yourself!
If you’ve been on the fence about committing to meditation, it’s time to take that step forward so you can live your absolute BEST life.
My FREE 5 Day Meditation Challenge runs from April 4 – April 8 and is all about helping busy professionals manage stress with a complete roadmap and a plan that fits your busy schedule. We start tomorrow, so register today!